Welcome to version 2.0 of our requests page.
We would like to move towards taking purchase requests exclusively. We’re already well enough aware of what has been and is being uploaded, so the other request page seemed redundant. You are welcome to suggest something already available if you want to, but there is a good chance we have already seen it and made a decision whether or not to work on it. I’d like to highlight some changes we are making below:
- The request page will be cleared out a minimum of twice a year, after major doujin events (Winter/Summer Comiket). Most doujins go out of stock quickly so there is no need to save every request on a single page. We’ll save a copy of the page with old requests in it, but it won’ be publicly visible.
- Even though we may not respond to every request, we do look at every one that comes in. Due to time and money constraints, we can’t get everything, sorry!
- We will most likely not give yes/nos to given suggestions. Scanlation is competitive and we don’t want to tip our hand to what we’re spending time and money working on.
That should be it. If you have any questions regarding our new setup, feel free to ask.
The purpose of this page is to suggest doujins for us to buy and to provide an explanation on how to search for them on Japanese sites. Finding yuri is no easy task, and you will likely have to click through numerous non-yuri doujins to find a single one. Some series you may expect there to be yuri for might not have any at all.
We do have some general guidelines for what we work on, and therefore for what you’re welcome to suggest. Most of these should be obvious if you’ve been following our releases, but it’s best to make it clear.
- It has to be yuri (OBVIOUSLY). NO MEN.
- All series are welcome. It does not have to be something we’ve already done a doujin for.
- Absolutely no futanari.
- Toys (strap-ons, vibrators, etc) are all fine.
- Non-conventional pairings are fine. Though they may be much, much harder to find doujins for.
- No rape, no scat, and no other extreme fetish stuff. Again, if it’s not sweet and vanilla we are not going to buy it.
- Threeways and so on are acceptable. Though these will be very rare to find.
- We enjoy working on SFW (that is, doujins with no sexual content). Please do suggest any good ones.
Now down to business. Here is a list of some series names in Japanese. You’ll need these to search on the sites I will be explaining.
Madoka Magica: 魔法少女まどかマギカ
Saki: 咲 -Saki-
Rinne no Lagrange: 輪廻のラグランジェ
Space Pirates: モーレツ宇宙海賊
Obviously there are more series than just these that have yuri out there, this is just a starter list with some heavily yuri shows. If you think a series should be added, feel free to leave a comment.
First up, I’ll explain how to use Toranoana
- In the “ジャンル” field, input the name of the anime/manga series you want to search, in Japanese. You can get these from the list provided above.
- Under 一般向／18禁： Select “一般向のみ” for SFW only results. Select “18禁のみ” for NSFW only results. Select 両方 for both NSFW and SFW.
- Under 男性向／女性向: I recommend selecting “男性向のみ” here. Otherwise you may get Yaoi mixed in.
- Under 発売年月: You can select the release date range for what you want to search for here. This is useful for when you want to search for things that are coming from a specific Comiket or doujin event only. For example, entering 2012 12月 (December) ~ 2013 1月 (January) will get you mostly Comiket 83 results. Leave this section blank if you want to search for everything.
After this, all there’s left to do is to click through all of the results and see if they are actually yuri or not. Check out the cover AND the preview pages. Sometimes the artist may leave a comment under “コメント” about the content, but not always. Here you can try to look for keywords to determine if the doujin is any good.
百合 or ゆり - Yuri!
Anything with 犯 or 姦, these are words associate with forced sex/rape.
ふたなり or フタナリ Futanari. We don’t do this stuff at 2hu-ism.
生える The verb that usually comes with futa.
ちんぽ ちんちん ちんこ チンポ チンコ チンチン Various words for ‘dick’. These will likely be with 生える if they are present.
That should be all there is to it. It’s mostly just tedious work to find the yuri-needle in the haystack.
Next up is Melon Books
- Put the name of the series you want (Again, in Japanese. You can use the Japanese series names provided above for this site as well.) into the “フリーワード検索” search box up top.
- Have 同人誌 selected in the drop down box.
- Have 18禁 R指定 both selected if you want to search for NSFW only. Select 一般 by itself if you want to search for SFW only. Have them all checked to get both.
- Afterwards it’s just the same process as looking through Toranoana. Check out the sample pages, and look for keywords in the comment section.
Alternatively, you can also search through Pixiv.
Enter the name of the series (in Japanese) that you want to look for in the search box along with “C83”, and that should do the trick. However, not all of these are guaranteed to show up on Tora or Melon. Some doujins are for sale at the event hall only. Not all of the search results with be doujins. Check them out for preview pages. Also look for the word 新刊, if it’s there, it’s likely to be a doujin.
That’s all I have for now, if there are any questions or comments about searching for doujins or donating money, you can leave a message and I’ll get back to you.